Sunday, February 27, 2011

Anne Hathaway Will Be 'Wonderful' In 'Dark Knight Rises,' Says Aaron Eckhart

At the Independent Spirit Awards, the 'Dark Knight' villain is gracious about being left out of third film.
By Brian Warmoth, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


Aaron Eckhart
Photo: Jeff Vespa/ WireImage

Director Christopher Nolan told Aaron Eckhart personally that "Dark Knight Rises" script wouldn't have a part for him. Eckhart took the news in stride, though, and the nominee for Best Male Lead at Saturday night's (February 26) Independent Spirit Awards said he expects the movie will do just fine without him — even if Nolan won't tell him what will be going down onscreen.

"I was just with Chris, and he's pretty tight-lipped about things," Eckhart told MTV News on the red carpet outside the Spirit Awards.

The man who played Harvey Dent and ushered the character into madness as Two-Face in "The Dark Knight" wouldn't admit to disappointment over not returning for the new Batman sequel. In fact, he claimed to have seen Two-Face's omission coming.

"I never intended to come back," Eckhart said. "That's Heath [Ledger]'s movie. It should live solo, and Chris is gonna go on."

Nolan's third Batman movie will include , best known in the Batman universe for her villainess alter ego Catwoman. Eckhart expressed high hopes for her.

"I think Anne Hathaway is going to be wonderful," Eckhart stated. The closest he would come to complaining about his absence from "The Dark Knight Rises" was to joke about sucker-punching Nolan after hearing that Harvey Dent wouldn't appear.

Eckhart lost in the Male Lead category to "127 Hours" star James Franco at the Spirit Awards, though judging by the gracious response he gave about the Bat-films going on without him, he seemed like he must be at ease with passing the spotlight around.

Eckhart made himself available last year, just in case Nolan had a change of heart, but now that the script is getting finished, and the big remaining casting searches seem to be limited to females, it's probably safe to consider Eckhart politely and amicably finished as a Bat-villain.

For breaking news and previews of the latest comic book movies — updated around the clock — visit SplashPage.MTV.com.

Will it be a regal evening for "The King's Speech"? Can "The Social Network" dial up Oscar gold? Don't miss MTV News' "2011 Oscars Live" at 6 p.m. Sunday, February 27, when we'll be chatting with your favorite Hollywood stars live from the red carpet on MTVNews.com, and stick with us all Oscar night for winners, interviews, photos and more!

Related Videos Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658795/anne-hathaway-dark-knight-rises-aaron-eckhart.jhtml

Katharine McPhee Hayden Panettiere Lindsay Lohan

David Cross Pessimistic About 'Arrested Development' Movie Prospects

'I'll believe it when I see it,' Cross says at the Independent Spirit Awards.
By Brian Warmoth, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


David Cross
Photo: Steve Granitz/ WireImage

An "Arrested Development" movie may be a priority in the eyes of former exec producer Ron Howard and creator Mitch Hurwitz, but David Cross doesn't sound confident that that's enough to make it happen.

Cross thinks the film's premise sounds "awesome" and knows that many of his former castmates want to get the cameras rolling, but as of Saturday night at the Independent Spirit Awards, he didn't expect to be playing Tobias Fünke again anytime soon.

"I'll believe it when I see it," Cross told MTV News.

Howard and company have been discussing the possibility of putting the Fox comedy on the big screen for years, but every time a wave of optimism starts gaining steam, someone comes out to express doubt. This time around, that person is Cross, and it will likely take more than a phone call from Hurwitz or Michael Cera's positive attitude to convince him that the "Arrested Development" movie will ever exist.

"Not even when I'm standing there shooting it," Cross said. "Not even when it's wrapped. Not even when I get to go do [automated dialogue replacement]. Not even when I'm at the theater and it's playing. The next day — that's when I'll believe it."

So, how long will it be before producers are putting Cross on that long road toward making him a believer?

"I have no idea," he said.

Cera, Will Arnett and Jason Bateman have all come out in favor of pushing ahead with the movie, but even if Hurwitz believes production can begin in 2011, Cross needs proof.

"OK, great! Show me," he said. "There's, like, nine people involved."

Basically, if fans of the show want reassurance that the logistics required to bring everyone back are feasible, they won't find it in an interview with Cross. The "Kung Fu Panda 2" and "Megamind" actor just doesn't have faith right now, even if he would love to see "Arrested Development" return.

"I'm realistically optimistic," he confessed, "which is to say, not that optimistic."

Will it be a regal evening for "The King's Speech"? Can "The Social Network" dial up Oscar gold? Don't miss MTV News' "2011 Oscars Live" at 6 p.m. Sunday, February 27, when we'll be chatting with your favorite Hollywood stars live from the red carpet on MTVNews.com, and stick with us all Oscar night for winners, interviews, photos and more!

Related Videos Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658797/david-cross-arrested-development.jhtml

Katherine Heigl Stacy Ferguson Ashley Tisdale

David Cross Pessimistic About 'Arrested Development' Movie Prospects

'I'll believe it when I see it,' Cross says at the Independent Spirit Awards.
By Brian Warmoth, with reporting by Josh Horowitz


David Cross
Photo: Steve Granitz/ WireImage

An "Arrested Development" movie may be a priority in the eyes of former exec producer Ron Howard and creator Mitch Hurwitz, but David Cross doesn't sound confident that that's enough to make it happen.

Cross thinks the film's premise sounds "awesome" and knows that many of his former castmates want to get the cameras rolling, but as of Saturday night at the Independent Spirit Awards, he didn't expect to be playing Tobias Fünke again anytime soon.

"I'll believe it when I see it," Cross told MTV News.

Howard and company have been discussing the possibility of putting the Fox comedy on the big screen for years, but every time a wave of optimism starts gaining steam, someone comes out to express doubt. This time around, that person is Cross, and it will likely take more than a phone call from Hurwitz or Michael Cera's positive attitude to convince him that the "Arrested Development" movie will ever exist.

"Not even when I'm standing there shooting it," Cross said. "Not even when it's wrapped. Not even when I get to go do [automated dialogue replacement]. Not even when I'm at the theater and it's playing. The next day — that's when I'll believe it."

So, how long will it be before producers are putting Cross on that long road toward making him a believer?

"I have no idea," he said.

Cera, Will Arnett and Jason Bateman have all come out in favor of pushing ahead with the movie, but even if Hurwitz believes production can begin in 2011, Cross needs proof.

"OK, great! Show me," he said. "There's, like, nine people involved."

Basically, if fans of the show want reassurance that the logistics required to bring everyone back are feasible, they won't find it in an interview with Cross. The "Kung Fu Panda 2" and "Megamind" actor just doesn't have faith right now, even if he would love to see "Arrested Development" return.

"I'm realistically optimistic," he confessed, "which is to say, not that optimistic."

Will it be a regal evening for "The King's Speech"? Can "The Social Network" dial up Oscar gold? Don't miss MTV News' "2011 Oscars Live" at 6 p.m. Sunday, February 27, when we'll be chatting with your favorite Hollywood stars live from the red carpet on MTVNews.com, and stick with us all Oscar night for winners, interviews, photos and more!

Related Videos Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658797/david-cross-arrested-development.jhtml

Ashley Tisdale Angelina Jolie Megan Fox

Eva Mendes? Film Independent Spirit Awards Arrival

Adding some glamour to the scene, Eva Mendes was spotted at the 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards today (February 26).

The ?We Own the Night? actress looked fabulous in a multi-colored leggy dress teamed with a pair of seafoam green peep-toe heels.

Eva joined a host of top-name celebrities at the Santa Monica event, including Natalie Portman, Nicole Kidman, and Jennifer Lawrence.

The 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards are being hosted by Joel McHale and airing at 10pm ET on IFC.

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/spirit-awards-2011/eva-mendes%E2%80%99-film-independent-spirit-awards-arrival-480677

Katherine Heigl Stacy Ferguson Ashley Tisdale

New 'Never Say Never' Clip Shows Justin Bieber Singing With Fan

The 'Director's Fan Cut' teaser captures the teen sensation performing an acoustic version of 'Baby' with a young girl.
By Eric Ditzian


Justin Bieber in the new "Never Say Never" clip
Photo: Paramount

Earlier this week, "Never Say Never" director Jon Chu promised MTV News that his new "Director's Fan Cut" of Justin Bieber's 3-D flick would deliver 40 minutes of fresh footage, including different songs (such as "Favorite Girl"), some more shirtless shots of the teen singer ("Maybe some abs!") and extra scenes of him interacting with fans.

With the recut movie hitting theaters on Friday (February 25), Paramount Pictures has released a clip showing just that: the Biebs hanging out with some of his young fanatical followers. The 71-second promo shows Bieber — pre-haircut, of course — at an intimate gathering in Phoenix. While the pop star gives an acoustic performance on a small stage, his fans beg him to play "Baby," but he jokes, "I don't know that song."

He then declares to a very young fan, "I'll only sing 'Baby' if you come up here and sing it with me." Cue the cuteness. The girl sits on his lap and together they belt out the hit single.

This isn't the first time we've seen Bieber show off an easy, breezy way with his youngest fans. Last year, he popped up on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" to surprise a 3-year-old Belieber named Cody who'd become an Internet sensation after her sister posted a video of her crying over the teen heartthrob on YouTube. As he tweeted later, "Makin faces with Cody!"

The re-released "Never Say Never" represents an effort both to goose box-office receipts three weeks after the film's initial opening and to feed the Beliebers' seemingly insatiable appetite for anything and everything connected to the star.

"We originally had a two-and-a-half-hour version of the movie, which we obviously couldn't release," Chu explained to us. "So we started to think about putting stuff back in that didn't have to do with our story but that we knew people would love."

Are you planning to go see the "Director's Fan Cut" of "Never Say Never"? Let us know in the comments.

Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658725/justin-bieber-never-say-never-clip.jhtml

Ashley Tisdale Angelina Jolie Megan Fox

Er, what's happened to Britney's voice?

  Here?s Britney Spears doing a promo piece for Good Morning America. Doesn?t she look great? Splendid, even. Oh but hold on. What is that sound? That?s not her voice is it? Does she have a cold? Has she finally...

Source: http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-News/2011/02/Er-whats-happened-to-Britneys-voice/

Keira Knightley Kim Kardashian Britney Spears

Andrew Garfield - Andrew Garfield's Naked Spider-man Celebration (Contact Music)

Andrew Garfield has joked he celebrated his Spider-Man casting by running
around naked. The 27-year-old actor - who has replaced Tobey Maguire as the
web-slinging hero in the upcoming fourth movie, 'The Amazing Spider-Man' -
couldn't believe it when he received the news that he had landed the part he
coveted since he was four years old....


Share With Friends: Share on FacebookTweet ThisPost to Google-BuzzSend on GmailPost to Linked-InSubscribe to This Feed | Rss To Twitter | Lybia Protests News, Music - Top Stories Stories, RSS Feeds and Widgets via Feedzilla.

Source: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stories/music/top-stories/65411677?client_source=feed&format=rss

Paris Hilton Vanessa Hudgens Natalie Portman

Jesse Eisenberg: 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards

Making another stop during the two-month awards show circuit, Jesse Eisenberg was in attendance for the 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards today (February 26).

The 27-year-old actor looked studly in a black suit as he mingled with fellow celebrity guests backstage at the Santa Monica beachfront venue.

Despite being left out as a nominee for Best Actor for his portrayal of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg in the acclaimed movie "The Social Network," Jesse kindly agreed to take the stage to hand out a trophy to one of the lucky honorees alongside Rosario Dawson.

Meanwhile, the 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards are set to air at 10:00 ET on IFC with Joel McHale handling the hosting duties.

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/spirit-awards-2011/jesse-eisenberg-2011-film-independent-spirit-awards-480774

Sienna Miller Paris Hilton Vanessa Hudgens

Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: engagement rumour update

Quick update on those Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley engagement rumours we told you about earlier today!   Well, despite the fact that Transformers' actress / model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has been pictured wearing a sparkly ring on her engagement finger,...

Source: http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-News/2011/02/Jason-Statham-and-Rosie-Huntington-Whiteley-engagement-rumour-update/

Kim Kardashian Britney Spears Miley Cyrus

Saturday, February 26, 2011

'Drive Angry' Cheat Sheet: Everything You Need To Know!

MTV News has been on the road with the Nicolas Cage flick since the start.
By Eric Ditzian


David Morse and Nicolas Cage in "Drive Angry"
Photo: Summit Publicity

"Drive Angry" is perhaps the Nicolas Cage-iest Nicolas Cage movie ever. The ever-unpredictable, often wacky, potentially out-of-his-gourd actor stars as a man who literally breaks out of hell to exact a bloody, muscle-car-assisted revenge plot ... in 3-D. It's deeply weird stuff, and yet, with Cage at the center of it all, it makes a whole lot of sense.

MTV News, it should be said, has been at the center of "Drive Angry" coverage, securing the very first interview about the project and continuing to track it from the first trailer to the brink of opening weekend. Read on for everything you need to know about the movie before it hits theaters Friday (February 25).

Going on the Road
Coming off the $100 million success of 2009's "My Bloody Valentine," director Patrick Lussier and his writing partner, Todd Farmer, asked themselves one question: "What movie do we want to see and what movie do we want to shoot in 3-D?" as Lussier later explained to us.

"We didn't really have anything in mind beyond that," he added. "We started writing an opening scene about a guy named Milton killing these three guys called the F---ers, who are totally scared sh--less and totally deserve it. From there, 'Drive Angry' was born. We wanted to come up with something that wasn't a horror movie but was just a hard-R, action-driven road movie, because that would be a great film to see in 3-D."

Ditching any notion of converting the film to three dimensions during post-production, Lussier hauled 3-D cameras down to Shreveport, Louisiana, and began shooting in the spring of 2010. To share the screen with Cage, Lussier hired Amber Heard to play a sassy waitress who gets pulled into Cage's scheme and William Fichtner as the agent of the devil's evil agenda.

3-D, From Scratch
When we caught up with Cage in the spring at Wonder-Con, he joked that the pollen in Louisiana made him sound like an "old blues singer" and raved about how the flick would meld an old-school cinematic vibe with cutting-edge technology.

"It's like if you got to see an old '70s action movie, but in 3-D," he explained. "We're doing something semi-historical, because it's the first 3-D movie shot [in the] style of a '70s action film. You could see Charles Bronson or [Clint] Eastwood [starring in a film like this] in those days."

Months later, with the shoot behind him and his voice back to normal, Cage marveled at how he escaped the production injury-free. "In this case, I did quite a few stunts with people literally on the hood of the car driving at very high speeds, so it reminded me of those old movies where you have people on top of the wing of a biplane," he said. "It was a little intense. That was definitely new to me and I was always very concerned about the stunt people I was working with."

Hell on Earth
The film's first trailer popped up online in October and featured everything we could have hoped for: big guns and fast cars, Cage walking slowly away from explosions without looking back, and fab lines like, "Hell already is walking the Earth." Months later, a Super Bowl ad delivered further peeks at the hard-R craziness. There's action aplenty, and that's exactly how Lussier planned it.

"We have this great car chase with Nic's character chasing after Amber Heard's character, who's in the middle of a fight inside this RV," he teased of one scene. "You're in this claustrophobic space, and suddenly you're outside with Nic in hot pursuit. There's all sorts of gunplay on the road. It's spectacular."

Check out everything we've got on "Drive Angry."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658681/nicolas-cage-drive-angry.jhtml

Eva Longoria Katharine McPhee Hayden Panettiere