Friday, March 18, 2011

'Glee' Stars Chris Colfer, Darren Criss Have High Hopes For Klaine

'I did not eat the onions and the Chinese food,' Colfer says of preparing to shoot their big kiss.
By Kara Warner


Chris Colfer
Photo: MTV News

This week's episode of "Glee" was jam-packed with an intense singing competition, original songs and a major surprise: Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Blaine (Darren Criss) shared their first big kiss!

MTV News was lucky enough to catch up with the two scene-stealers at Wednesday night's PaleyFest panel for "Glee," where we asked Colfer and Criss to give us a few details about the big scene.

"I had a Wisp (a single-use mini toothbrush) and some Chapstick and that's about it," Colfer revealed about his prep work. "I did not eat the onions and the Chinese food that they brought to set that day as a courtesy, but that's about it."

Colfer also joked that his scene partner Criss did not extend him the same courtesy. "He did not, no. The boy likes Doritos and tuna, let me tell ya. No, I'm kidding," he said.

Criss, who joined the cast as a series regular this season, described the kiss as a beautiful moment.

"I really enjoyed it, because we've all been waiting for it," he said. "I've been waiting for it, and like I've said, the groundwork was laid down so perfectly that on the day, it felt very natural," he explained. "I was just so happy, it was like a release. Finally, we got [it]. It was building for so long, so I think the excitement that the fans felt was definitely felt in that room. It was very special."

Regarding the future of their characters' relationship, both Colfer and Criss are optimistic.

"I would love it to be a fantastic example," said Colfer. "Because often gay relationships in television aren't the most [realistic], except for Scotty and Kevin on 'Brothers and Sisters' — that's a great one to look up to. So, I would love for them to be the next Scotty and Kevin."

"I hope they stay together," Criss said. "I hope it develops in good ways, and I hope they can continue to learn from each other and, who knows? I'm just as excited as everyone else."

Related Videos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1660151/glee-chris-colfer-darren-criss-kiss.jhtml

Miley Cyrus Scarlett Johansson Rachel McAdams

No comments:

Post a Comment